A look back at highlights, achievements, and memorable moments
Like the year prior, many of us will view 2021 through the lens of the pandemic. There was tremendous uncertainty about the return to the office; hybrid work became the new normal; and vaccines offered both hope and controversy. But through it all, the Glow Global team persevered, logging individual milestones and elevating our service to new heights through flawlessly executed events and dynamic new partnerships.
Among our personal achievements, Glow Global Founder and CEO Cheryl Gentry was appointed Adjunct Professor at NYU’s School of Professional Studies, where she’s currently co-teaching “Planning and Executing Virtual Events and Fundraisers That Inspire and Activate Support”. She also earned a Certificate of Completion from Capital One’s 7-month Catapult program, where she was one of 10 diverse entrepreneurs chosen to solve a critical business challenge.
Internally, Tea Shepherd, our new Event Manager, joined the team in late November. Tea brings a wealth of experience, and we’re excited to have her onboard.
Without question, however, our most memorable moments were defined by new connections. We added the following organizations to our roster of valued clients:
- Airport Minority Advisory Council (AMAC) – Glow spearheaded the 36th Annual AMAC Airport Business Diversity Conference, a virtual event, June 14-16. AMAC is the only national, nonprofit trade association focused on advancing aviation and aerospace contracts for minority- and women-owned businesses.
- Anne Klein – We produced the renowned luxury fashion brand’s 2021 company summit.
- Getting Out Staying Out (GOSO) – GOSO works with people impacted by the criminal justice system, through education, employment, emotional well-being, and community support. We were proud to help this nonprofit mark its return to in-person events with the 2021 GOSO Gala, held at New York’s Chelsea Piers.
- First Peoples Fund (FPF) – Glow will oversee FPF’s 25th Anniversary event, “We The Peoples Before: Knowing, Honoring and Sharing Indigenous America” February 3-6, 2022, at Washington, D.C.’s Kennedy Center. FPF’s mission is to sustain the cultural fabric of Native communities.
- Jack and Jill of America, Inc. – Jack and Jill is a historic organization that stimulates children’s growth and development through programming centered around cultural awareness, educational development, health, civics, and recreation. Glow stepped in to lead its series of virtual education summits throughout the year.
- Leading Women Defined (LWD) – LWD is a foundation that promotes and supports African American female managers and entrepreneurs. Glow produced LWD’s 2021 annual summit which is an invitation-only gathering of the most prominent African American women.
- MetroPlus Health – Through our master service agreement, Glow will assist this affordable healthcare provider in finding vendors and venues for various events.
- Race Matters for Juvenile Justice (RMJJ) – Glow Global led RMJJ’s 4th Biennial Conference, a key part of its mission to reduce disparate outcomes for youth in Charlotte-Mecklenburg’s justice system.
- Child Development Support Corporation (CDSC) – CDSC is a multi-service organization focused on providing resources for children, youth, and families.
- Day Care Council of New York (DCCNY) – This membership organization consists of 93 sponsoring boards that operate more than 200 publicly-funded childcare centers and family childcare programs. Glow organized DCCNY’s virtual Citywide Childcare Provider Resource Day, which took place in September.
- Foundation of Orthopedics and Complex Spine (FOCOS) – FOCOS provides high-quality, affordable, and specialized orthopedic care throughout Ghana and other African countries. Glow helped FOCOS acknowledge the pandemic’s impact and reaffirm its mission at the 2021 FOCOS Virtual Gala, held in July.
- Lancôme – Glow will be producing digital and Facebook Live videos for this iconic beauty brand.
Also, as we look forward to 2022, we’ll be introducing Glow TRICs (Tools, Resources, Information, and Connections), a new digital hub for event planning education, news, and trends.
As always, thank you for your continued support. We wish you all a safe holiday and a prosperous New Year.