Once all the hard work of planning and putting together an event is done, it’s time to start wrapping up. Here are five things you should do as soon as your event ends:
1. Confirm the breakdown plan is in motion: Before leaving the venue, ensure that all elements of the breakdown plan have been put into place. Delegate tasks to your team so that the breakdown runs as smoothly as possible.
2. Debrief with your team: After the event, take some time to talk through it with your team. Discuss what went well, what didn’t go as planned and any lessons you can learn for future events. This will help everyone feel more confident in their roles and help you avoid making the same mistakes again.
3. Settle any outstanding bills and other logistics: At the end of your event, check all details are correct and that invoices have been paid for venue hire, catering, staff costs etc. This will ensure a smooth transition for both you and the client.
4. Meet with the client: Have a quick meeting with your client to discuss their thoughts on the event. Ask them if they were happy with how it went, what could be improved and any feedback they may have. This will demonstrate your commitment to providing a quality service and can help you build long-term relationships with clients.
5. Give yourself—and your team—time to celebrate and unplug: Finally, take some time for yourself and your team members to look back on the event you just completed and enjoy the feeling of accomplishment! Allow everyone an opportunity to unwind, debrief and celebrate their successes before moving onto the next event.
By following these five steps, you’ll be able to ensure a smooth end to your event and give yourself the best chance of success for future events. Good luck!